This house was the Hindmarsh family home and originally sat in expansive open fieilds at the north-west edge of St Ives. The interlocking diamond plan produced dramatic roof shapes and internal spaces and sheltered outdoor recesses around the periphery of the house. An aerie above the house under the highest roof was Tom Hindmarsh's home office.
The house has been rendered and is now hemmed in by suburban development.
The house was one of the Best Houses of the Year in 1959 as awarded by Architecture and Arts magazine.