The Robertson house at Seaforth was constructed in stages from 1953 to the early 1960s by Bruce Robertson. The house was located high on the Bluff at Seaforth on a dramatic site with expansive views and severe exposure to the southerly winds. The house was originally a glass box with exposed timber structure on a base of sandstone blocks hewn from the site but, as the house grew the glass and timber predominated, accented at the carport end of the house by hand-made concrete blocks.
The house grew organically over the years as the family grew and the architectural practice grew (eventually requiring a separate building on the adjoining site).
The house was the Robertson family home from 1953 to 1972. The house was demolished in 2000.
The house was one of the Best Houses of the Year in 1959 as awarded by Architecture and Arts magazine.